Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Hohoho! Back home!

Well well well, who would have thought that my family would be back home so soon eh? Booking into that hotel was a big mistake. Sure, the rooms were nice, the beds were cosy, the buffets were good, but by GAWD were we bored out of our wits! What's there to see and do at Changi? To tell ya the truth, quite a number of things. Go down to Changi beach and enjoy the sea breeze. Go up to the old abandoned Changi Hospital and disturb spooks. Go down to Changi Village and have roti prata. Go down to Changi Village and disturb tranny hookers. But hell, this isn't stuff that you do with your parents!! All we did there, other than rotting in the hotel room and eating fatty CNY snacks whilst watching some depressing movie on Star Movies, was to take the most boring walk near Changi Beach! That's the problem with me; i can't really get along well with my parents OUTSIDE the house. 'Coz when they take a walk, they just WALK. They don't even TALK! I just followed them, trying my best to look entertained, but by gawd i wanted to ram my head against the breakwater. In the end, the boredom got the better of my father, and he decided to check out at noon. And to think that he wanted to stay till Friday afternoon! Yikes!

I was so bored I actually watched some Andy Lau movie last night in the hotel room on Ch8! And I spent like 30 mins trying to figure out how the shower in the bathroom worked (although i must admit, it was a very nice shower once it was sorted). But perhaps the best 'boredom' indicator ever was the fact that I was asleep by 10 plus! I just felt so bored after my shower, I laid in the ultra comfy bed, and bam! I was asleep. I was messaging Rong around that time, and I don't even remember how our conversation ended! Benedict messaged me something around that time too, and I can't remember if i replied! And best of all, Shuh just told me this morning that she called me last night, and that I picked up and muttered some gibberish to her before hanging up! I don't remember all THAT! Wow, how the body works without the mind... Fascinating.

Anyhow, it's the first day of CNY. No visiting rounds, no ang bao, no guests in the house, nothing. Not that I mind at all. Hell no, I'm glad! The problem now is finding something to do with all this spare time. I can't call anyone out coz everyone is busy witht their own visiting. Even some of my Malay friends are busy! Ay... Staying at home is a dangerous thing, coz of all the tempting goodies that are practically lying ALL OVER the place! So far, I've managed to refrain myself from stuffing myself silly with pineapple tarts and prawn rolls, but I don't know how much longer I can control my pudgy fingers... It's.....takin over me....!!!

Onto other things. I've recently gotten hooked onto South Park! Yup, the ultra vulgar, violent, silly and funny as holy hell cartoon that's banned in Singapore! After *ahem* d/ing their Lord of the Rings spoof, I just couldn't get enough! It's so funny!

My favourite episode as of now is called "Do the handicapped goto hell"? Basically, it ridicules and questions the "system" of Christianity. I'm sure most of us are familiar with the term; "Embrace Jesus in your life, or prepare to burn for eternity in hell!" I've always firmly believed that religion is just an artifact of society; a form of control that was created to "scare" believers into conforming with society. Hence all the threats of Hell and Satan and what have you. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the creators of South Park share the same views as I do! Of course, being the talented jokers that they are, they managed to put their beliefs and ideas into an insanely hilarious episode. The title of the episode evolves around a character called Timmy, who is a handicapped 4th grader bound to a wheelchair. Timmy has another weird disability; he's unable to say anything OTHER than his own name! So you can imagine him replying to any question by shouting TIMMY, or scolding another guy by yelling TIM TI..TIMMY!

In the episode, the 4th graders are psychoed by some fanatical priest (who's a closet gay and pedophile) into being a proper Christian. Therefore, they have to undergo all the baptism and etc etc. However, in order to be accepted by Jesus, they first have to confess all their sins to the priest. So how on earth is little Timmy going to confess his sins if all he can say is own name? This question stumps a nun, the priest, and goes all the way up to the Pope, who in the cartoon is depicted by some stinking old geezer who can't hear a gun shot fired next to his head, and replies to EVERY question by yelling "HAH????" and by fiddling with his lips with his fingers. Mean, yes, but just plain hilarious. And get this. Satan in the episode, is a gay who lives with his boyfriend Chris in a condo built in Hell. Saddam Hussien is his ex boyfriend who attempts to reconcile with Satan by killing Chris in, well, Hell.

South Park rules! Me out for now.... Cya'll soon

1 Comments:

Blogger bludolph said...

hey,there's a link for southpark downloads if u wan. came across it by accident.happy new yr!
http://nambla.official.ws/

February 12, 2005 at 1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home