I'm still here...
Well, my ass is still here in Singapore. Yup, I backed out of the mission on Monday morning itself. I was hoping that additional details would be given to us, but instead, we were just asked to put our names down on a piece of paper and await deployment. Jumping into a one month operation with no details and no info, other than e fact that we will be carrying guns in an area filled with crazy rebels? No thanks... I couldn't take the risk. Furthermore, my mother was starting to have second thoughts on letting me go on this mission. She called me on Monday morning when I was in camp, to update me on the latest shootings in Aceh, and ay..... to beg me not to go!
Hell, my parents get restless nights if I come back at 4 am. What if I'm away in Aceh for a month, and there's absolutely no way for me to call home, or for them to call me? They'll freak man, especially my mother. I'd get back to see them with eye bags the size of the Esplanade.
And hence, my decision to pass on yet another challenge that Life has thrown at me.
But you know what's the best part? The mission didn't even materialise! Yup, my other colleagues who signed up for it are still in Singapore, just like me. In the end, due to politics, pride and etc etc (issues that us peasants aren't supposed to know about), not a single MP (from our sunny little island, at least) set foot in Aceh. Oh well...
Other than that, nothing much in my life has happened I guess. Ay, that's the prob with not updating ur blog regularly; you forget all the essential events in ur life before U can document it!
- Sis leaving tomorrow evening. FINALLY managed to complete Silent Hill 4 a couple of hours ago. Also met up with a cousin of ours the other night. Aiyah, time flies. Could have done so much other stuff during her break here. So much to do, so little time...
- Gym routine is going ok i guess. Going to start following my cousin's advice (former gym instructor); swim to get rid of excess flabs! Goin to swim everyday after i get back from work... Tone man, tone!!!
- Eh.... damn, i think that's it. That's all that happened lately, at least as far as i can remember
Well, back to work tomorrow. Till next time, gd nite y'all

3 Comments:
oh swimming! i love it to death. though i cant do other styles besides that butterfly stroke, the exercise relaxes my mind and body. with your consistent gym routine and swimming everyday, im expecting to see a brand new lean mean ec when i meet you. haha.
Ha, i hope so man! But it's so hard to keep up the motivation. My flabby love handles are still buggin me... argh!
wow,raging prune,u swim the butterfly stroke?? isnt that the most difficult and tiring of all? i cant even finish 1 lap at one go. haha...still dunno how to swim
Post a Comment
<< Home