Saturday, January 22, 2005

Heart-stopping moments belong in the Matrix; they are all in slow-mo

Aloha!

No, i'm not in Hawaii. Sometimes, we do and say certain things without having any logical or comprehensible reason no?

Well, let me blog about the first day of my long weekend. Yes, it was Friday, Hari Raya Haji, and boy was it a tiring but fun day. First off, met Rong in the morning to go cycling at East Coast Park. It wasn't quite as cool and windy as I would have liked, but at least the Malay familites weren't out in force with their tents and BBQ pits. That would have made cycling ALOT more hazardous!

Anyhoo, picked Rong up from her place at bout 7.30 in e morning, and by some bizarre twist of fate, we were both dressed in jet black! Black singlet, black shorts, and black sandals! If I wasn't blessed with white hair, I'd note the black hair too. Reached the park, only to find that the kiosk wasn't opened yet! We had a little chat by the coast while waiting, where we discovered an abandoned photo of a young Malay couple, tons of peanut shells and the floating head of a lady by the sand bank. Bwahaha... =p

Once we got our bikes, we set off for the stretch of East Coast nearer to the airport. Now, I have gone cycling with quite a number of friends before, but nothing was going to prepare for me for some of the shocks that I was about to encounter. Haha, I shall leave the explicit details out, but in a nutshell, Rong gave me 3 friggin heart attacks! Note: title of blog. Still, despite the mishaps and close shaves, she kept her spirits up and persevered towards the end. Nice work yah Rong? Heh... Well, the road did get quite congested towards the end. I myself nearly rammed into a little boy who stopped his bike in the middle of the cycling path. He had that "life flashing before his eyes" look on his face as I swerved past him. Sheesh...

We finally returned our bikes back to the now packed kiosk, to discover how bloody sore our butts were! In fact, my butt and certain, ahem, soft spots are still aching! McDonald's was way way too crowded, so we headed off to Geylang for my favourite, and probably S'pores' best "tou huay"! Had a interesting brunch of xiao long bao that tasted like dumplings, and some bread with meat and egg that was ultra ultra tough. Thanks for the breakfast ah Rong... Heh, I'm not used to getting "blanjahed" to stuff. =P Anyhow, when i parked the car at the Geylang, i didn't bother to display my parking coupon. And lo and behold, just as we drove out of the car park, guess who rode in? The guy on the scooter who books all parking offenders like me! Bwahaha, man, must be all that good karma we stored during the day. Rong helping the little girl in the toilet, Rong helping the man with the chinese handphone (i thought he was a pimp), and teaching all those people in east coast park about road safety! Hey, that means only Rong did e good deeds, but i escaped the ticket. Wah... weird... haha

Slept like a pig in the afternoon, waking up only just in time to meet my JC mates (Ben and Shuh) in Orchard to do some shopping. Well, more precisely, to watch them do their shopping. I just couldn't find anything that suited my fancy. Man, I'm losing hope in finding clothes that I feel comfortable in. Needless to say, I started to get bored and tired after a couple of hours. Kieng met us later in the evening to bring us to Indo Chine. It was warm, stuffy, and filled with cigarette smoke. Beer, my least favourite drink was served, and the place didn't even serve iced water. But.... but..... all of these downfalls became irrelevant the moment I heard the live band play. It was a simple 3 man band; a lead singer with a guitar, another lead guitarist, and a keyboardist. But by God, their music was absolutely beautiful. They performed alot of classic rock hits, like "Ordinary World" by Duran Duran, "Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots, "Always" by Bon Jovi, as well as a couple of modern hits like Superman and This Love. I could have sat there ALL night just listening to them perform. In fact, I've been so inspired by their performance, I've gotten all the tabs and lyrics of the songs they sang that night so I can practice my performing skills in camp! Bwahaha... pity my platoon mates.

So that pretty much sums up my Fri. Today was a pretty bad day. Went all the way to a public gym in Bishan to train with a friend, only to be played out by him coz he overslept. Furthermore, I got chased out of the gym because I was wearing sandals. Damn... Other than that, the day has been pretty uneventful.

So Fri is the highlight then. A day to remember for sure; one helluva morning, and an inspirational evening. Definitely looking forward to more cycling or exercise regimes in the future!

Kk, that's all for now, till next time...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home