Friday, December 17, 2004

Will I resume my normal life after this trip? I can only hope...

Well, for whoever's concerned, I'm flying off tomorrow morning, back to Miri. I'll be back on the following Tuesday evening, which would be the 21st. It was a pretty last minute decision by my father, to get the whole family to head back and pay our respects to my late grandfather. I can only hope that this would be the closing chapter, of a somewhat painful, exhausting, and confusing phase of my life. Several aspects of my life have been distrupted ever since my grandfather fell ill. I am a person who requires stability and certainty in my life, hence the inclusion of routines and schedules in my daily activities. The interruption of these aspects has taken its toll on my well being over the past few weeks. I've been weak, slightly disoriented, short tempered, snappy, and oh so tired. I do not know what to expect when we reach back to Miri. Will this be the end of it all? I hope so...

Onto brighter things. My off day today has been enjoyable, but still rushed and tiring. Was supposed to renew my pass port in the morning, but I discovered that I left my 11b (SAF IC) in camp! So yours truly had to spend 16 bucks on a cab trip all the way back to Choa Chu Kang, ON my off day, JUST to get my stupid 11b. It was so weird, booking into camp at 12 noon, and booking out 5 minutes later. With my 11b safely in my wallet, it was off to the ICA building to get e passport done.

Once that was done, it was off to meet Rafidah, my fellow rocker, at Bugis. It was great to meet her again after such a long while. There aren't many people in my life whom I can crap, reminisce about JC days, and talk bout music with ALL at the same time! We stuffed ourselves silly with chicken at Esteller 77, afterwhich I brought her down to all e major music stores in the city area. Too bad there wasn't a real Tremonti model for her to drool over. Hoho. Brought her down to the Esplanade to enjoy the scenery (and rather perverse sculptures), afterwhich we had a very fattening dessert of red ruby at Marina Square.

Ay, well, Raf, if ya reading this, just hope that you won't let the shitty phases in your life affect you too much yah? It's alright to be depressed and brood over it for awhile, but remember that they are just phases, and phases WILL end. The rollercoaster will head up to the sky before you know it. And sooner or later, you are gonna break out of that prison, and be the wild child that you've always been. Ya know what I mean gal. ;) I'm glad and flattered that our chat today managed to make you feel better. And yes, if I do write a book, make sure you endorse it for me yah? Haha! Alter Bridge rules!

Well, all my bags are packed, and I'm ready to go. Ready to sleep actually. Till I get back, good bye all, and take care.


Recommended Songs to Enjoy
Dean Martin- Sway
Toad the Wet Sprocket- Walk on the ocean
Goo Goo Dolls- Black Balloon
Expose- Seasons Change
Recommended Movie to Watch
The Incredibles!
[If you still haven't watched it, GO NOW!]
Recommended DVD to Get
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Extended Version
[It's costly, but well worth it. Includes an hour's worth of cut footage, like how Saruman is killed, and plenty of comic relief from Gimli]
Recommended Website
[Bloody funny site. Check out videos of a drunk Bush, a techno penguin, and hand sex! Try the games too, like Squares]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home