Kissed by a rose...
Have you ever wanted something to happen so badly, that when it does happen, you can barely believe it happened? Well, guess I'm feeling like that right now. Today, or more precisely yesterday, is a day I'll hold in my memories forever.
I know this might come as a surprise to some, but me and Rong are a couple now. =) OK, maybe not officially together, but it's more or less almost there. =P We've been going out for quite a while now, from dinners to desserts to cycling to V Day, and we've reached a stage where we're ready to take it to the next level.
The 20th of Feb didn't start off too well. I had been on hospital duty the previous night, and I was just starting to feel feverish. Me and Rong had planned to go for our photo-taking expedition at Sentosa in the afternoon, so needless to say, I was pretty worried that I would not be in tip-top shape to go out with her. After gulping down litres of water throughout the day, as well as countless gargles of Listerine (to combat my throat infection), I felt well enough to continue with our plan.
Sentosa was alot more crowded than I thought. Hordes of tourists from China swarmed a flower display put up to commemorate Chinese New Year. The queues for the mono rail was, as far as I can remember, insanely long. But no matter, we still had a blast of a time taking pictures, travelling around Sentosa and exploring old abandoned houses. We hunted down peacocks with our cameras, almost risked getting our heads re decorated with bat droppings, and took some of the best pics of the 2 of us together at the Southern most tip of SEA! We look good together. =)
As the sky darknened, the mood and atmosphere only improved further. OK, I guess the new Musical Fountain show was much too cheesy and kiddy for me and Rong's liking, but at least the upgrades to the fountains were great. Laser light shows, pyros, 3D animation; it definitely gave the show a modern and cool touch. Now if only they would get rid of the irritating KiKi monkey and the stupid guy in a clown suit. After the show, we intended to head to the Merlion to shoot more pics, but alas, it was closed. We resorted to shooting some "arty-farty" pics near the fountain. Oh, did i mention we managed to catch a whole fireworks display from the food court? We had no idea where the fireworks were from or what they were for, but one thing was for sure. It was beauuutifuuul.
By then, it was already coming to 10pm, so after letting Rong have a spin in the car in the by now deserted car park, we headed to East Coast Park to enjoy the sea breeze and watch the stars.
I must admit that I had been wanting to 'fess up and tell Rong what I felt about her. V Day was a perfect opportunity, but I blew that chance. Throughout the whole outing at Sentosa, there were several times when I was contemplating whether to 'make a move' anot. In the end, I was too scared to do anything. But, somehow, by some miraclous twist of fate, I managed to sum up the courage needed to subtly tell her the truth.
She took it well. Very well. We spent a while talking about us, and I must say I am VERY honoured, flattered and encouraged by some of the things that she told me. It was a huge relief to just get everything out in the open, and say the stuff that I've been dying to say. I was pleasantly surprised when she told me that she was planning to follow her friend's advice and "make my life easier". Haha. Everything was just so magical and sweet at that moment, and that's when, by another miraclous twist of fate, I somehow leaned forward and kissed her. I find it hard to believe that for someone who's never been kissed, her kissing was spot on. =P Anyhow, everything was just so... magical. Lying there and savouring the moment together with her is a memory I'll never, ever let go. Oh gawd, why did the night have to end...??
I have to admit that I have been procrastinating this advance to the next level for a while now. I don't have any real reasons for doing so. Maybe I was scared of getting hurt again. Maybe I was scared that she didn't feel the same way. Maybe I just didn't have the balls to make the move. Maybe it was a combination of everything. But i was really touched last night when Rong told me that she understood that I wasn't ready, hence there was never any real pressure at all. That was really nice... =)
Oh gawd, i can't find the words to describe how beautiful the night was. I can't find the words to describe how I feel when i recall it. Everytime my memory runs through the events at East Coast, I practically drop whatever I'm doing and just sigh.... *sigh*
I've always believed that communication is key to any bond; between friends, lovers, colleagues etc etc. And good communication is something that me and Rong have. I guess one of the reasons why I started getting close to her is simply because I can really talk to her. You meet alot of people whom you can talk to on a normal level. Some might listen for awhile, others might pretend, whilst some don't even try. Rong is a great listener, and talking to her is a real joy for me. I, myself, am quite a good listener, and I've come to realise that whilst I listen to alot of people, I don't really have anyone to listen to me. I guess that's why life became alot happier and less stressful during the time we started to get closer. I just couldn't wait to meet her and spend time with her, chatting bout life and stuff. It felt really good to just.... talk with her. =) Of course, it is a great joy to listen to her opinions as well. We share similar views on deep issues, and at e same time differ on others. It's.... gawd, i'm out of words. It's just a real pleasure to talk to her. And her smile.... *sigh*
Hence, it's due to this level of communcation with her that I feel really good bout this step that we have taken. I definitely don't want to rush things; I would rather take things as they come, and besides, things are great as they are now. I don't recall feeling so happy, so confident, so positive. Can't wait to meet up with her soon, and continue this chapter of our lives that we've started together! =)
That's all for now... a very happy EC signing off!

2 Comments:
i KNEW it! i KNEW it! hahaha... congratulations, dood.. score! haha..
oh my gosh! to think i didnt know. i'm so blur...anyway,so happy for the both of u.haha...2 of my closest guitar frens.hope u 2 be happy always~
Post a Comment
<< Home