Monday, December 27, 2004

Open Road...

I'm sitting at the wheel
I got a green light
I'm not afraid of nothing
cos heart and soul im built for life

so let the engines roar
push the pedal down
i want the white lines on my highway
to lead me out of town

i got headlights
to guide me thru the night
i got the window down
and the radio playing
it makes me feel alive

If you're wondering what all the above is about, it's basically the lyrics of the verses from Bryan Adam's "Open Road". I guess this song's really moved me, in the sense that it's got a real "feel good" vibe, and the basic message of not being tied down by the past and memories, but instead to move on with life. Also, it's strongly linked to one of my favourite pastimes; driving at night, with the windows down and radio blastin. Yeah man...

Well, my super duper long X'mas weekend is over. It's back to work tomorrow morning. The only highlight of the day was Kung Fu Hustle!! Watched it with my sis and David in the evening. I have to say, that while it didn't have the ab-cramping humour that I was hoping for, the action scenes, fight choreography and graphics were just mind blowing. Excellent stuff, stephen chow has really brought Asian movies to the next level, especially in the special effects field. While the storyline isn't as complete and balanced as it was in Shaolin Soccer, the gist of it prevents Kung Fu Hustle from being another senseless action flick (e.g Triple X). Overall? I would give it 8/10.
Go watch it, you'll definitely enjoy it.

A couple of duds about today though. I was supposed to go down to IDP (the local help centre for students who want to study in Aussie unis) to do some research and get some brochoures. Well, me and my sis got there at 4.05pm, only to find out that the office closes at 4pm everyday.

Secondly, I don't know why, but I'm feeling rather giddy right now. Been feeling giddy since making our way back home from Suntec. Hmmm, not sure if i'm coming down with something.

An old secondary school friend of mine messaged me a couple of hours ago. She invited me to a bbq at her place on New Year's Day, and she also mentioned to "bring danielle along". That felt so damn weird, to have someone still thinking that you are attached to your gf who dumped you more than half a year ago. Well, I politely replied that Danielle had already found someone new a long time ago, and that I probably wouldn't be coming down due to an earlier appointment. She was like "oops sorry sorry", that sorta thing. Man... I don't even remember what it's like to be attached anymore. Well, that's good I guess. I'd rather not remember anything from that phase of my life....

I don't know where I'm going with my gym training. Due to all the events over the past month or so (straining my neck, grandfather's passing, sis's hospitalisation, return to m'sia), keeping up my gym schedule was IMPOSSIBLE. And now, when everything in my life has sort of stabilised once again, I STILL can't work out properly. Why? Thanks to a tug of war match on Friday, I got a mild tear in my right bicep, a muscle strain on the left side of my back, and aching quads. And my team didn't even win! It's like something keeps cropping up to screw it all up, as though life itself is trying to hinder my attempts to improve myself. Very, very pissed off. It's not like I'm being lazy. I WANT to work out, but I can't, coz it bloody hurts. The previous neck strain has taught me a painful lesson or two. And now, I'm feeling more and more unfit. My weight is dropping, which means that my muscle mass is turning to fat! Fed up...

Argh... enough ranting. I'll leave you with my usual list of recommendations. Until next time...



Recommended Songs to Check Out
Nelly feat Tim McGraw: Over and Over Again
Bryan Adams: Open Road
Lindasay Lohan: Rumours
Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, Sting: All For One
P.M Dawn: Looking Through Patient Eyes


Recommended Movie
Kung Fu Hustle!


Recommended Thing To Do On Long Weekends
Don't sleep in!

1 Comments:

Blogger Issey said...

i LOVE shaolin soccer!!! but then maybe i like stephen chow more than the story line. he's charming in his own eccentric ways. hahahaha

December 28, 2004 at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home