Breakfast at Tiffany's...
Oops. Heh. Guess i didn't quite keep to my promise of updating my blog more regularly. Apologies to whoever's still reading! Well, the past week or so has been pretty busy. I've been staying in camp a tad more than usual (waking up at 5am every morning and taking e train from one end of the island to the other is extremely sickening), and to top it all off the internet connection here has been pretty shaky, so i have good reason not to update!! =p
I just got home bout half and hour ago; was out with Rong for a supposed cycling trip at Pasir Ris Park. Bizarrely, all the bicycle kiosks there were closed! So we spent our morning there just doing some brisk walking (like lao ah pek and lao ah ma) and enjoying e cool morning breeze. After that, I brought her up to the dilapitated remains of the old CGH to do a little exploring. I swear I'll never ever find the guts to go up there alone at 2am in the morning. I would seriously freak! Once we were done we headed to Changi V for a nice Subway breakfast b4 headin home. Will be meeting her tonight for dinner again! Sigh.... life is good. =)
This past week also saw the completion of my combat shoot! Alright, so my team missed out on e marksmanship award by a fair bit. We were pretty confident of smashing the record after our day shoot, but our night scores positively shattered any hopes of making history among NSFs in my unit (rumour has it, that no team consisting of NSFs has ever gotten a marksman award during their combat shoot). 200 quid out of the window, and life moves on...
My company has a new officer-in-command as well. As far as first impressions go, this chubby captain scored pretty well. But it was only a matter of time before his true colours started to seep through. He's turned out to be a 2 faced arse hole; all smiles to the men, but a messenger of disapproval to the commanders. As it is, he's keen to overturn all the old practices of our company to "make a change". To me, if the system ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, our system's been running as though it's been handbuilt by German engineers. And now he comes along and screws up the whole thing. I guess we can only wait and see how badly this will affect us men...
Hai.
Well, guess that's all for now. EC signin off!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home